Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 = Changes Are Good!

A few of us in the hot room resist change. Some stick to the same spot on the same side day after day, class after class. Some stick to the same class time each day, although this might be dictated by one's daily itinerary. But for those of us who have some flexibility, it is nice to shake things up a bit.

I had planned on showing up at 6:00AM. But a very, very late night "watching TV/falling asleep/waking up to watch more TV" until finally some shut-eye at 1:00AM(!!!) kiboshed that plan. The 9:30AM was out of the question as my little one's camp starts at the same time and I have to sign her in. So my next option was the 1:45PM. I have not tried this class time before so I was curious as to how I would do.

After 5 straight days of practice, 1 day off, 2 days on, then 2 days off, my body was screaming at me at this point. I was very, very sore. I did the 30 Day Challenge in April, and although I felt sore most days at the time, I had enough momentum to keep going. But I feel that I am much more flexible these days than when I did the challenge. For one thing, my "nemesis", the Standing Head to Knee Pose, is slowly but surely becoming my friend. My lower back is loosening up. I am very close to consistently locking my knee each time I do Hands to Feet Pose. Yes, my lower back and glutes are screaming at me all day long, but thanking me profusely at the same time! :)

I came out of that room feeling fantastic! I heard one of the other students say that the room was not that hot today. Maybe so, maybe not. I liked it, it worked for me, que sera sera. Tomorrow's another day, and I look forward to being back in the hot room. Hmmm, I wonder what it's like to practice just before bedtime?

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: