Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Walking On Sunshine...And Don't It Feel Good!"

I made it to the 6:00AM class, wasn't planning on going, but my neighbour and yoga buddy K. made the decision for me. I let go of sleeping in, and caved in to an opportunity to get my practice done and over with first thing instead of rushing right after work (3:45PM) or missing dinner time with my family (5:45PM).

I had a shaky start, with a sore right shoulder brought about by a jerky movement in the shower after class yesterday morning. I felt it happen, and thought nothing of it as it didn't bother me for the rest of yesterday. But it came back to haunt me at Pranayama and the first backward bend. I thought, oh great, another write-off. But magic happens when one doesn't give up, takes it easy, but still gives an honest effort. I made the decision to do just so. Once the heat warmed up my muscles and the sweat started to drip, drip, drip, I'm on my way.

My practice was fine, not as great as yesterday's, but taking into account that it's 6:00AM, and I've just gotten out of bed, muscles and joints still asleep, I think I did well. I showered, left the studio, dropped off K. at her place, arrived home, got ready for work, dropped the kid off to summer camp, and with 1/2 hour to spare before work starts I splurged on an iced coffee and breakfast sandwich at Starbucks. No, I didn't forget to drink my Emergen-C spiked water after class! :)

I arrived at work feeling just fantastic! There was a bounce to my step, I was walking tall and sitting tall--my posture has improved a lot since I started practising. I was in a great mood...ALL DAY. I thought about the song, "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. I think that pretty much sums up how my day went.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: