Monday, July 12, 2010

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wow! I had a super duper practice today, and it threw me off completely because I did not do well during Pranayama. For some reason, I was breathless. I couldn't breathe deeply and I tired easily that I couldn't control my breathing. I didn't feel very hot this time due to my very "cool" spot right in front of the door. Feeling that little draft IS a big deal for a room heated to at least 104F.

I was so pumped with my Standing Head to Knee. The key for me was changing the grip from the ball of the foot to the arch of the foot. My sweaty hands took longer to slip off my foot using this grip. I am also able to hold my leg higher and more parallel to the floor.

I felt more flexible today. My sit-ups after Savasana were very energetic and I was able to bend my torso deeper than usual. I have been experiencing a "high" towards the end of the class. It feels great to have that energy on the homestretch, despite the heat, humidity, and a lot of sweat! It is true that Bikram Yoga is the only workout that gives you energy, rather than sap it.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: