Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday, July 1, 2010 = Happy (Sweaty, HOT) Canada Day!

I was forewarned that it was going to be a very busy 9:30AM class today. I arrived at the studio before 9:00 as I had planned on staking a spot by the door where I am hoping to get a bit of a cool draft every now and then. As I am already at a corner, I wouldn't have to move my mat in order to accommodate the "later-comers".

I have never seen a class as busy as today's was! I was nursing a headache, and I was so concerned that I wouldn't be able to last 90 minutes in that room. The fans weren't on and will stay that way until the bitter end! There were only a few inches gap between each one of us. I have a confession to make: Just before class started, I went back to the change room to retrieve my water bottle (I panicked at the sight of the bodies around me and the extra heat that will emanate from them!)...I had it in my hand to take it back to the room...then I did an about-face, took a little sip, and put it back in my bag...whew!...monkey mind was foiled yet again!!!

Postures of the Day:

1. Standing Head to Knee: I had trouble extending my right leg during the first set. But after that, I was surprised to be able to extend each leg a few seconds longer than usual. I've always had trouble with this posture since the beginning of my practice. My lower spine is simply not that pliable enough for me to bend from it, although I must be getting there albeit slowly.

2. Standing Bow Pulling: This is a posture that I have improved upon since. I have learned to keep kicking and stretching my arm forward to touch the mirror. I have also learned to keep my body down. The challenge for me is to stay in the posture without falling out of it. Today, I was successful with the left leg during the second set.

So I went in with a headache, which intensified during Half Moon and Awkward. I was so relieved that it somehow went away during the Floor Series. What is even more surprising AND exhilarating is that I felt a tremendous surge of energy during this time. I've never felt this way before, particularly during very busy classes. I loved today's practice. I thank my fellow yogis for the great energy and positive vibes they have exuded today. I thank Peter for again leading a great class. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: