Monday, July 12, 2010

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I missed 2 days of yoga. I was supposed to practice last Friday (my 5th straight day), but I had to work late and the evening classes do not work for me. I decided to miss Saturday's practice as I felt the need to spend more time with my family, take the time to make dinner in a leisurely pace. I didn't regret missing my practice, but I missed it so much. Does that make sense? If you're a hot yoga freak like me, it does.

So just imagine my enthusiasm for Sunday's practice. I was a little late in arriving, so I missed out on my corner spot up front. I opted to stay close to the front mirror, so I took the first row on the left, not my usual spot but I thought it would be good to mix things up a little bit. It's funny how we human beings are creatures of habit. I see most yogis sticking to their usual spots in the room, although I also see some who move around the room.

We had one newbie in class. He did leave the room and came back, and he did this a few times. At least he kept coming back. No one else followed suit. Sometimes, it takes one to start leaving the room, then you have a few others deeking out, and it is very distracting. But this is part of the mind challenge. If you can overcome feeling annoyed by this, then your yoga mind comes out the winner.

So 4 straight days of practice equals sore glutes! Stretch and stretch and stretch, and OWWW!!! But take note, this is a lovely OWWW!!! Again, I experienced that homestretch high. When I left the room, the temperature registered at 112F!!! I knew it was HOT! Whew!!!

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: