Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 = Back on the 6:00AM Yoga Train

I haven't gone to 6:00AM classes since June 3rd. I just didn't want to leave my cozy bed as well as sacrifice an hour or so of sleeping in. But today, I was back on the 6:00AM yoga train, and it sure felt great! I missed my 6:00AM family! I almost didn't make it. I arrived at the studio with only 5 minutes to get ready--park my mat somewhere (don't have time to be picky) and tie my hair into 2 ponytails and pin my bangs down with hairpins.

One of my fellow yoginis finished her 30 Day Challenge today. I can't help but look back to my own challenge back in April. It was a bittersweet memory; I remember feeling great, tired, sore, invincible...until that dreaded day, the 29th day, when my mother passed away. I missed the 30th day, but made up for it on day 31, in Nanaimo. I would like to do another challenge, and I had thought about doing four a year: winter, spring, summer, and fall. I had Spring done; now that it's summer, I have to get on with it. I will keep you posted for sure!

My practice today went well, but I am still not back to my very best form. Sometimes I feel disappointed, as I have reached a stage where I felt very flexible and very strong. This was when I was doing the challenge. There is no doubt that a daily practice does a world of wonders to one's self. Notice I wrote "self" and not "body". Yoga heals the body as well as the soul. But one must also come to grips that there will be "off" days. I think this keeps one humble, grounded. And being so is a good thing.

Tomorrow, being July 1st and a holiday, there will be no 6:00AM class. I am definitely showing up for the 9:30; thank goodness I don't work on statutory holidays!

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: