Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Monday, July 5, 2010 = Happy Monday!

Happy Monday! It felt great to be back in the hot room after a 3-day hiatus. What is with this sleeping-in business? I met a fellow yogini today at work and told her about this and she said that obviously my body is needing the extra hour of sleep. I guess I haven't been going to bed early enough lately. Too much red wine the night before.

But today, I was determined to be back. I missed the 6:00AM (slept in again!) so I went for the 3:45PM. It was nice to have Anastasia as our teacher today! I haven't been to her class in days and days!

So here's the rundown of my practice:

Room temperature: 106 degrees F = 41 degrees C
Postures of the Day: Standing Head to Knee Pose and Standing Bow Pulling Pose

There were a number of times that I had to pause and catch my breath. Triangle was a struggle getting in, but once I was there I was able to hold the posture. For some reason, I struggled with Cobra and the third part of Locust. However, I was proud of my Floor Bow. I would refer to my execution of it a "YES!!!" moment. I can't say it was perfect, but it was certainly a huge improvement from previous practices. The key is in the kicking and once you get it, your hands will feel like they're just hanging on "lightly" to your feet.

Yoga Mind vs Monkey Mind: Monkey Mind was ahead during the 2-minute Savasana. I realised that I had left our family room door open the whole day. I thought, "Oh crap! I hope Trudy (our Saint Bernard) didn't go in there and chew our new leather couch (she had chewed the one we had before)! If she did, I'm in huge trouble! ~!@!@##$$%!!!" Thankfully, Yoga Mind "stepped in" and said "Let it go, there's nothing you can do. Maybe she behaved herself today." So who won? Yoga Mind by a very slim margin. As it turns out, Trudy behaved herself today. Maybe it was too hot of a day for her to get into mischief. Thank goodness!

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: