Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It Never Ceases To Amaze Me...

...this yoga. My recent sporadic practice has got me feeling like I'm starting from scratch over and over and over again. I get my momentum, then I stall. My biggest challenge is getting myself motivated to prepare before class. Hydrating well, not eating a couple of hours before class, 2 hours spent in total getting there/the 90-minute class/the showering after vs. 2 hours of getting chores done are the biggest obstacles. I missed the 9:00AM class, and luckily there is an 11:00AM class for me to go to.

I was dripping in sweat right at Pranayama, a sure sign that it was going to be a very hot class. My Standing Series wasn't at all bad, considering that I haven't been practicing as often as I should. I was very surprised and amazed that I was able to bend my elbows down to "hug" my leg in Standing Head to Knee. My Floor Series has always been consistently good, but I've noticed that my left knee has been a little rusty during Fixed Firm. I always nail Fixed Firm, but these past couple of months, it hasn't been as flexible as before. I'm not at all worried; it's just my body grounding me.

This yoga never ceases to amaze me. I've been coming to the hot room with a little trepidation, quite fearful of not being able to perform as well as I should. But as I leave it after 90 minutes, I feel rejuvenated, grounded, and peaceful.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: