Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yoga Glow

Who needs plastic surgery when you can attain so much more with Bikram Yoga? I PVR'd today's Dr. Phil show. It featured brides-to-be who were after the ultimate prize of a dream wedding AND plastic surgery to augment their breasts, lipo-suck their thighs, ankles, legs, and other "problem" areas that exercise and dieting apparently cannot take away, botox here and there, etc. Just to have the "perfect" wedding day, at the cost of thousands of dollars. I cannot help but shake my head at how these women have upped the ante. I've heard of Bridezillas, but Bridal Plasty???

It made me realize how down-to-earth, natural, and accepting this yoga is. I don't have the perfect body. I have stretch marks (the medal of pregnancy and motherhood), I don't sport six-pack abs, I can only fill A-cups, the list goes on...When I was a newbie more than a year ago, I was self-conscious. I looked around and I saw toned, lithe, bodies. But I noticed too that there were also bodies that looked and were shaped like mine. I realised later on that no one in the hot room really LOOKS at you, long enough to see your imperfections. Everyone is trying hard to focus on themselves, and their practice.

I don't know about you, but I practice because I want to do it for me, first and foremost. I feel like a million bucks, and when this happens everyone in my orbits sees it, notices it, comments about it. Just the other day a colleague of mine said that I looked so relaxed. I just smile and think of what brought me there. I have that yoga glow, not just physically, but mentally too. I try not to let anyone steal my peace. Instead, I'd rather share mine. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

2 comments:

James said...

I agree with your point.Yoga can bring you beauty not only outside but inner one too.Just need to practice yoga on daily basis with dedication.Yoga gives enormous results.I am a yoga teacher who is offering Yoga Certification courses.

Juliana said...

So true!
I was so self conscious when I first walked into class. And slowly I realized that everyone is so different and I may as well embrace myself and my body in that room, because it's safe.
Was great seeing you the other morning!
xo