Monday, September 6, 2010

"Do What You Can Today, and Do Not Judge Yourself"

It has been a rough 3 day homecoming to the hot room. After being away for 7 days, I was back last Saturday, and today's practice marked my third straight. I have been tanking in the Standing series for these past 3 days. Today at Pranayama, for the first time, I had to stop and take a few breaths. After the Eagle Pose, I had to lie down while the rest of the class took their first official water break. I am still not taking water during class. That, and staying in the room, are the two things that I am very determined to keep doing, whatever happens. I must admit that I felt very concerned about what has been happening. This has never happened to me before, since I started practicing over a year ago. I have had my bad days, but never 3 straight. My only consolation is the fact that my Floor series remain strong each time. I had to smile to myself when our teacher today said along the lines of "it's now the spine strenghtening series, which is our favourite, right?" I think that it is not everybody's favourite, but it sure IS mine :) Thank goodness for that!

I felt so much better when our teacher said that it is okay to do what we can do today, and to not judge ourselves. It is so easy to beat ourselves up whenever we have a bad class. I realised afterwards that there is no bad class in yoga. After all the sit downs, dizziness, stiff joints, etc., I still feel a million bucks. One practice at a time. Let the previous one go. Tomorrow's another day. Namaste.

Good day, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: