Wednesday, November 3, 2010

When A Yogini Falls...

It happened at Standing Separate Leg Stretching. I planted my feet right on my mat sans towel, bent over, grabbed the sides of my feet, leaned forward to try to touch my forehead to the floor, then swoosh!!! The feet, by now slippery with sweat, had lost their grip on the mat, and down I go, backwards, then landed on my bum. I worried more about knocking Nancy over who was behind me, but luckily she was far back enough to be spared the domino effect. Oh my goodness, what a comedy! But, I am not one to dwell on mistakes (although sometimes, depending on the mistake, I tend to beat myself up), so I went right back into the posture. Second set was great, as I managed to get my forehead to touch the floor.

It was such a gorgeous day in my hometown of Victoria, BC today. The sun was shining, the air was cool and crisp, no rain, and one could get away with wearing a T-shirt and skirt (especially after hot yoga). I felt like a million bucks as I have just had the best workout ever!

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: