Sunday, February 6, 2011

Four Classes After the T.E. Incident

So far so good. I've had 4 classes tucked under my belt since injuring my right elbow last Sunday. Full arm extensions are still painful in Half Moon and Locust. Eagle and Rabbit are still not "there", but I am still thankful to be able to last 90 minutes.

At last! I survived Trikanasana (Triangle) at class today! And the forehead also touched the floor in Separate Leg Stretching once or twice. I guess my hips are opening up and the hamstrings are waking up. It is such a great feeling to experience even a centimetre or two of progress.

I have a couple of days off from practice so I hope that this won't set me back. Well, even if it does, one just has to start again. Even with all these setbacks and challenges, nothing beats coming to the torture chamber, being "killed" for 90 minutes, then feeling like a million bucks afterward.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: