Thursday, June 2, 2011

When the Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going

This pretty much sums up my last couple of practice days. This morning, I was resigned to the idea that I may not do well today as I did yesterday. But, I was wrong. I had an awesome practice today. I thought the room temperature was just right. For me, it was hot enough. I know that some yogis want it really hot, but I believe that if it is stifling hot, what good will that do you? You're already sweating, so it is really necessary to be hotter to achieve what??? It's all about balance. I believe that if you are already hot enough that you are sweating, your muscles and joints are already pliable enough to do the postures. 'Nuff said.

Back to my practice today. My balance was off. I kept falling out of Standing Bow more often than usual. Awkward Pose has been just that. Awkward. Especially during the first part. I simply could not hold the posture the whole time. I do, however, pay attention to the proper form. And when I fall out, I do get back in again. I believe this indicates that I am a yogi. Apparently, to fall out of a posture is being human. To get back into the posture is being a yogi. 'Nuff said.

Tomorrow marks three straight days of practice. We will see if the tough will still be going...

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: