Sunday, January 23, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

I've been enjoying my sleep-in weekends, which is why I haven't been going to yoga. It has been a month, it's long overdue, and my body is looking more like s**t each time I face the mirror. I also have not had a day off during the work week for the past couple of weeks. I used to be able to go to the 6:00AM classes, but since my daughter started middle school, her schedule has changed too that it's just way too hectic of a morning to squeeze an early class in. After school is a busy time too...yah, you know the drill.

So today I decided to attend a 3:45PM class, after I've simmered the meat sauce for our lasagna dinner tonight. I got in with just a few minutes to spare, glad to see that my yoga buddy B. will be teaching, then horror of horrors I walk in and scanned the room for a spot. Lo and behold it was nearly packed, that I had no choice but to put my mat down up front and pretty darn close to the ladies on both sides and behind me. I didn't want to be right up front today, but not many spots are available to choose from if you don't arrive early.

Boy, was I "punished" today. I had great hopes after doing well in Pranayama, but I started to crumble from the Eagle Pose and beyond. All those Christmas goodies and turkey and all the trimmings just weighed me down today. I had to sit out and catch my breath a few times. The room was especially hot today, and I'm sure that my prolonged absence did not help.

BUT, and I do mean it with the CAPS LOCK on...BUT when it was over, yes, I sound like a broken record, I felt like a million bucks. It is so nice to sweat and stretch and give these dormant joints and muscles a great workout. I plan on staying fit and limber right up to my eighties. I don't want to be a vegetable when I get old. It is so depressing, especially to the people around me. I would like to continue inspiring those around me that it's never too late, you're never too old...

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: