Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yesterday and Today

I am wrapping up two practices in one blog post, just so I can keep track of my progress.

Today's practice was the end of a three day run. I almost didn't make it this morning. Thanks to my hubby who constantly egged me to get out of bed at 6:30AM on a SUNDAY and make it to class. I think he just wanted the whole bed to himself. Ha ha! Anyway, I have two days rest, back on Wednesday and Thursday, one day rest, then Sunday. I hope I can continue practicing at least three days a week.

It was not a busy class. It was just us crazy people who chose to be in a hot room over sleeping in :) Well, I did appreciate the extra room to accommodate all our wings taking off for Full Locust.

I am still struggling with Awkward, Eagle, and Triangle Poses. I used to be able to nail these ones last year. I feel frustrated, but on the other hand, other postures that I've had trouble with are the ones now that I have improved upon: Standing Head to Knee and the Stretching Pose.

Faced with these "setbacks", I guess I should not consider them as such, but think of them as challenges. One must not remain stagnant. It is good to go outside the comfort box. Our instructor yesterday hit the nail on the head when she said that for us who have been practicing for a while, we must constantly look to improve upon other things. I think this won't be difficult to do as this yoga seems to know when to throw a curveball, when to bring us back to earth and not rest on our laurels. This yoga is meant to be practiced for a lifetime, and I believe the journey will be pretty exciting and humbling. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: