Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's A Good Day

So very happy to show up for class this morning. I was given a treat of a Friday off which doesn't happen very often. I have had other opportunities of having the "odd" day off (meaning, other than a Wednesday and Sunday) and I have "squandered" them. So today I decided to show up for class. I am so glad I did.

Whew! It was a HOT and BUSY one! I showed up pretty early, well, early enough to secure a good spot up front. I was able to relax and even try on (and later purchase) a new top and bottom which I was very pleased with. By the way, I still am not taking water during class. This month marks month #10 of no water. I look around the room and everyone else has their water bottles. It's amazing how I've come this far without taking water during class. Even during really hot classes--well, by the time reality kicks in, the class is well underway and I don't really want to leave the room. As long as I come well hydrated, I am good to go. It's a mental thing. And a breath thing. Really. Trust me.

Standing Head to Knee is still going strong. Balancing Stick is better; Eagle and Triangle, not so much. My knees still can't seem to hold these postures the entire time. My feet hurt during Toe Stand, thus creating "flat tires"--this is Bikram's way of describing those who rest their bums on their heels rather than stretching up and keeping a gap between the bum and heel. Separate Leg Stretching is getting better, although my hamstrings hurt.

So, there goes another day, another practice. As I finish this post, I must get some shut eye as I plan on getting up in about 5 1/2 hours to get ready for my next class. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: