Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 1 - Let's Get This Party Started

...and how it started! I made it to the 6:00AM, and it wasn't difficult for me to get up early this morning. I guess I've psyched myself up enough and I made sure I had plenty of sleep. The night cap with the hubby had to be put aside, though :(

I had a rough start. I was stiff--at 6:00AM this IS a given. I felt dizzy a few times. My hips wouldn't open for Trikanasana. I couldn't keep the posture steady the whole time. I was focused on making sure my alignment was correct, and resigned myself to the fact that even if I kept falling out, at least I tried to keep proper alignment. My knees are still buckling during the Awkward Poses. I fared much better during the Floor Series. I always do anyway. I guess getting warmed up during the Standing Series helps.

I have been very careful not to push myself too hard these days as I haven't been consistent with my practice during the summer months. The main reason why I signed up for the challenge this month is so I can get myself back on track again. No need to rush things. There's plenty of time for that. Like the rest of my lifetime.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: