Sunday, September 25, 2011

Eve of the 30

I was determined to practice today, to prepare myself for 30 straight days of yoga starting tomorrow. The yoga does not scare me; it's the reality and necessity of having to get up at 5:20AM on most days to make it to the 6:00AM class. It is so hard for me to leave the comfort of my bed at such an early hour, despite the fact that I am a morning person.

Today, I felt stiff. I was very surprised that my knees have not been cooperating during Fixed Firm Pose lately. They feel like they need a good lubrication, in order for my feet to stay put beside my hips. I used to do the Awkward Pose quite well, but my knees have been buckling and my balance has been out of sorts.

Hopefully, I will be back on track again. Our instructor this morning hit the nail on the head when she said that sometimes we don't feel like practicing, as we are tired, we don't have the time, or just plain we don't feel like it. But, think of the feeling you will get AFTER the class is over. Oh I know all about that feeling. It's the reason why I have been coming back again and again to that hot room for the past 27 months.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: