Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 - What A Difference Three Straight Days Make!

I have no posts for Days 2 and 3. I didn't have much to report. Feeling stiff, dizzy, and sore pretty much summed up those days. Both were 6:00AM practices; inasmuch as timing wise, it IS the best class to get into as you get your practice in first thing when everyone else is asleep! Your day is set. At least for me. It is definitely not my best practice, BUT nothing compares to having a great workout first thing in the morning. For the remainder of my day I have so much energy, I walk like I am 10 feet tall--my posture is pretty admirable these days--and my overall disposition is summed up by one word: CALM.

Today, due my schedule, I couldn't go to the 6:00AM. I managed to squeak into the 3:45PM class, right after work. Oh I just hate driving to the studio in a rush, worrying whether or not I can find a parking spot pronto, getting into my yoga outfit, all in the space of 15 minutes!!! But I made it in time. So on with the program.

Oh what a great Pranayama I had, but boy, I truly sucked at Hands to Feet and Awkward. My arms felt like lead, and my legs were crampy. I used to rock these postures. BUT! I managed to hold the Eagle Pose longer than usual. I usually fall out before it ends, but I managed to hold it together for a set.

What a difference 3 consecutive days of practice make! I touched my forehead to the floor for the first time in months! Since my sporadic practice started in the summer, I had lost valuable depth in a lot of the postures. It just goes to show that flexibility is not a prerequisite to yoga. It is the goal in yoga. That is what you will achieve in yoga. It WILL happen. It's only a matter of when.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: