Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Psyching Up for the 30

My name is on the list. Starting on Monday, September 26th, I will be embarking on my 3rd 30 Day Challenge. I had originally planned on doing one every year during the month of April, but upon seeing the sign-up list on my studio's board, I couldn't help but join. My practice has been erratic since the summer. This inconsistency has resulted in many steps back, instead of strides ahead. The yoga itself, for me, is easy. It's finding the time that is a bigger challenge. Schedules and commitments get in the way. I know that the 6:00AM classes are my saviour in this regard, but I have been avoiding them lately. I just love my bed too much to leave it that early!

Today at practice, I was relieved to find a spot at the back beside the door. For the first time, in my two-year practice, I decided to wear crops to class. I was a little concerned about overheating, but thankfully it didn't happen. I had a bad case of the dizzies today. It happened, it wasn't pleasant, but I let it go.

The rest of my day went really well. I had almost forgotten how 90 minutes in that hot room sets up the rest of my day perfectly. It's time to get my groove back.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: