Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 7 - Uphill Climb

I'm on a roll. Day 7 finished strong today. Couldn't ask for a better practice. I practiced beside an old friend whom I met during my newbie days at a seminar led by Ren Soriano, a senior teacher from LA. There was great energy in class at 8:00AM, the very first class of the day. When most people are probably sleeping in or enjoying their very first cup of coffee or tea for the day, or out for a walk or a jog, there we were, 30 Day Challengers among regular practitioners who opted to be in the hot room sweating and stretching to the beat of the Bikram drum.

It's early days of the challenge. For me, it has been a uphill climb. I am aware that there will be days when I might have a setback. I have done this twice before. You would never know what your body will throw at you. It could be a curve ball, or it could be a base hit. You could be out, or you could run straight home. Whatever your practice offers you, take it with an open mind, and then let go and move on to the next one. What could be worse? For me, it would have to be not trying my best and never knowing what possibilities could happen. This yoga has proven to be a workout not just for my body, but also for my mind. A total workout.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: