Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 6 - Never Felt Hotter, Never Felt Better

Great energy at the 3:45PM class today. Getting into the hot room just a few minutes before class started meant that I would have to take whatever spot is left. I was right up very close to the podium, more to the left side of the room (the HOTTER side).

And what a HOT class that was! By the time the Floor Series got underway, I was sweating more than usual, and my face was red as a cooked lobster. Still waterless during class after 19 months, the thought that I may have to break this abstinence crossed my mind a few times. All that monkey mind could think about was a nice ice-cold vessel of coconut water!

I survived the heat, the humidity, the practice. More breakthroughs happened today. The ones worth mentioning are:

1. I locked my knees in Hands to Feet Pose. I had been feeling dizzy during the first couple of days of the challenge, but today, success!

2. Eagle Pose is getting stronger and a lot more stable than before.

3. Trikanasana, for the first time in a while, has been solid on both sets. The knees still hurt a little bit, but I am now able to hold the posture without collapsing.
I felt very, very pleased with my practice today. I guess 1/5 of the challenge is out of the way. Deserving of that ice-cold coconut water after class. Ahhhhh....

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: