Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 9 - What It Boils Down To

Maybe you are wondering why in the world would I practice HOT yoga for 30 days straight. Oh, did you know that I go to the 6:00AM classes 4 days each week? I see those eyes rolling, that jaw dropping.

I guess I am a yogaholic. A yoga junkie. Oh, I am also a yoga pusher because I take every opportunity to convince you to try it. In June 2009, as I am wrapping up an Iyengar yoga session that I signed up for, I heard about Bikram Yoga. I decided to try it despite some unfavourable comments about how hot it is, how hard it is, how unsanitary it is with all the body smells, sweat, hair on the floor, etc., etc. I thought, I will judge with my own eyes.

My first class was a Karma Class. It was cheap drop-in night, admission by donation. Naturally, it was busier. Hotter. Humid like hell. I didn't leave the room. It was quite an experience. Yes it was hard, but I was amazed at how great I felt afterwards. I knew I had a great workout, but I wasn't panting like crazy. Needless to say, I was hooked from day 1.

More than 2 years later, I am still here. This is my third 30 Day Challenge. I did not plan to do one again after April--I vowed to do my own challenge every April as a tribute to my mother. But the sign-up sheet beckoned to me. And I responded. I am enjoying my journey. That's what it boils down to.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: