Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday, May 24, 2010 = Lucky Seven

I was going to attend the 9:30AM class today, but I got overruled by my daughter who wanted to see the Victoria Day Parade, now on its 112th year! I gladly acquiesced since it's my daughter who had asked :), and I love to see the marching bands and the bagpipers anyway. These guys always give me goosebumps all over, and I am still very moved to tears whenever I hear them play. No, I am not Scottish at all; maybe in my previous life :)

So, I was relieved that there was a 1:45PM class, as it will not cut into dinner time with my family. Boy, oh boy, lo and behold, it was a class of us lucky seven, five ladies and two gentlemen, with Peter as our instructor. I anticipated Peter to give me a few tips and pointers on proper alignment, and my Half Moon and Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Poses were in need of adjustments. I consciously remembered Aleya's pointers on Standing Head to Knee, and I was very pleased with how I executed it today. My Standing Bow Pulling has improved; I'm pretty sure my hips were aligned properly as Peter did not say anything otherwise :)

It was pretty hot in that room this afternoon, which is weird because there were only eight human bodies in the room. But it was so sunny outside that that probably made the difference. All I was thinking about during Savasana is an ice cream cone, and where I will go to get it: Dairy Queen or McDonald's. Or maybe an Iced Mocha Capp from Tim Horton's would hit the spot right on...

As it turned out, I was very satisfied with my Emergen-C water and a cool shower with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Soap after class. It was still sunny out, I had my practice tucked under my belt, I feel great, then it's off to Thrifty's for our dinner grub and plus they do have Breyer's Ice Cream on sale! :)

Goodnight, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: