Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 = Second Time Lucky!

Ahhh, to be in Peter's class two days in a row is quite something. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot and saw his truck, I thought to myself, oh boy, I will be working hard this (early) morning. Don't get me wrong, Peter is a great teacher. He has this eagle eye for proper alignment. You will definitely be reminded to execute the pose 100% correctly even at only 1% depth. I thought I've been rockin' the Awkward, but I still need to lean my upper body back MORE while maintaining the "cobra" spine. Oh and get this, he makes you hold the Camel Pose FOREVER during the second set. I do meet his challenge, but I cannot help but grunt when FINALLY he gives the okay to release.

This is why I love Bikram Yoga. Yes, it's the same 26 postures day in and day out. If you're on the 30 Day Challenge, how can you keep the momentum and enthusiasm going when all you do in that hot room are the same old 26 postures? The answer lies in your own body. It never fails to surprise you both positively and negatively. There are days when you are a superstar, then the next day, your body feels like lead and you feel like a newbie again. I love change, and I am glad that my body keeps changing to keep me interested. I would hate to lose interest in this yoga. I have gained so much from it. This will be the subject for my future blog entry :)

Goodnight, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: