Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday, May 31, 2010 = Missed (Again) Today

I woke up to a cold, rainy morning. Again it looks and feels like autumn out there! I had an excuse not to go to my 6:00AM class as I had to drop my daughter off to her school early for her year-end field trip to Camp Thunderbird. I guess I could have gone to an afternoon or evening class. But, these times are hectic for me. I SHOULD make time for yoga, but this time around, I chose not to. Am I loosening up on my practice? Maybe a little, in that I have been taking little breaks here and there. It might be due to the weather. It's so nice to sleep in on cold, wet days! I should be careful not to slack off though, as I know I will be paying for it later!

I practiced on Sunday (May 30th) and I really enjoyed our 7:30AM class. Abbey was teaching, and it was great to have her. Again, I had the luxury of taking my usual front row corner as I was first to arrive at the studio, but I chose to be right beside Abbey. It's great to have the mirror right in front of me. I was excited to see an old yoga buddy from the earlier days of my practice. It has been a few months since I've last practised with her. I'm glad that she is still around, it's just that she has been attending the afternoon or evening classes. She is very sweet; she noticed that I didn't have my water bottle and asked if I had forgotten it. I said that I haven't been taking water during class since March; her jaw dropped, she couldn't imagine how I can survive without water. I explained to her that it can be done, as you can control your urge to drink. I wonder if she'll try going waterless during class. We shall see.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: