Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 = A "Blah" Day

This weather better improve...soon. When I woke up this morning for my 6:00AM class, I didn't want to go and leave the warm comfort of our bed. But, I felt I had to go, buoyed by the thought of feeling great after class. By this time, I am running a little bit behind. As I was walking towards our car, disaster struck. My water bottle became disengaged from its cap and crashed on the sidewalk, spilling its precious contents. I didn't care about the contents; I felt quite miffed that my once perfect, shiny, red water bottle is now scratched. Luckily it did not sustain any dents.

Oh, what an awful Pranayama I had. I was very stiff, and my shoulders ached with every breath I took. My arms felt so heavy and I had thought about leaving the class (not an option) or lying down (I don't remember anyone lying down during Pranayama). Half Moon and Hands to Feet were a write-off too. My knees were stiff and I kept thinking that I should consider ditching the 6:00AM and going for the 3:45PM. I would be more flexible and more limber, more awake. But before my monkey mind got the better of me, I started to improve as we progressed through the rest of the Standing Series. I still sucked at Standing Head to Knee, but I'm very much resigned to the fact that I may be in my mid-50's before I can nail it. I was so relieved when we reached the 2-minute Savasana. I was very happy with my Floor Series. My legs felt very strong for the third stage of the Locust. Weronika, who was our teacher today, explained the benefits of 80-20 breathing. Thanks to her, I was reminded to do it and it really helped me execute the Full Locust well.

Tomorrow is another day. As much as I had a "blah" day today, it is to be expected. It keeps me on my toes, it makes my yoga practice interesting, and certainly not boring. It's like a report card--you may not an "A" during the first term, but there is still room for improvement. As far as my practice is concerned, I have tons of time for improvement. I don't know when I am going to get an "A", but the road to getting there is definitely not a short one nor dead straight.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: