Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday, June 12, 2010 = 'Twas a Sweaty, Hot One!

With two days rest, a great lunch of chicken souvlaki and grapes PLUS lots of water during the day, I was determined to have a great class right after work. I made it to class early enough so I wasn't rushing. It wasn't a busy class either. It was such a gorgeous day, and the temperature was high enough on the way over that I felt warmed up so to speak.

I had a great Pranayama, but boy, was I sweating right from the get go. I pretty much rocked the standing series. But as soon as I got to the floor, I suddenly felt hot, REALLY hot. My face was very red, I felt as if I am overheating. During the 2-minute savasana, my eyes were getting stung by the salty sweat that just kept running down. How does that happen, when I am lying down? You can just imagine how much I was sweating then. When I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes were just bloodshot! The thing that really perplexed me was that when I spread my arms out for the Full Locust, the floor felt COLD. It never felt like that before. It kinda freaked me out, seriously (my daughter says I sound like a teenager!). Second set of Camel took my breath away, I needed a few moments of rest before I was able to lie down for savasana. I was so pooped out, I kept thinking about my water bottle. If I had that bottle inside the room with me I would have broken my resolve and taken a few sips. It didn't help that the fans weren't turned on.

As soon as Aleya ended the class and left the room, I immediately got up and left. I was so relieved to feel the cool shower and the peppermint soap. Ahhhhhhhh...

I got home, happy to be with my hubby and daughter, had leftovers for supper, and soon we will be watching a movie in our rec room. I am ready for that ice-cold beer and a few munchies. I had my yoga, I have my family with me.

Life is good...I feel very blessed.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: