Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday, June 3, 2010 = Breathless Camel

I made it to class this morning at 6:00AM. I first opened my eyes at 5:00AM and I was determined not to fall back to sleep. I just laid there and relaxed, like in Savasana, but on my side. I got to the studio early, and chatted with J. J, if you get the chance to read this, I would like to thank you for sparing those minutes with me this morning. Thank you for your support and your warm hug. I feel very blessed to have you as my buddy.

Pranayama was so much better today. I did not feel the awful stiffness from Tuesday's practice. It was wonderful to have Anastasia teach today; she gave very helpful pointers in how to execute Pranayama effectively. I didn't realise that exhaling more quickly (but controlled, mind you) helps expel the air out of your lungs more to get ready for the next breaths.

Unlike some, I am not scared of the Camel. I must admit though that at the end of the Half Tortoise, knowing that Camel is next, I can't help but feel like I'm off to fight a war. A little bit of fear, yes, but at the same time, I am not too fearful that I back off. First set was fine, but second set, whoa! I seemed to have ran out of breath. When I got out of the posture, I felt as if my chest was squished, and it's having a hard time taking in air. Thank goodness for Savasana, and for the magic of breathing normally, in and out through the nose, and being in control of this breathing and letting my mind relax. It is not difficult to do, you just have to be in complete control of your mind.

Ahh, the sun is shining. The air is fresh. Life is good.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

1 comment:

Juliana said...

Any time, Lorrena. I love seeing you every morning:)