Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 = Going Great Guns at 9:30AM

Two days off from yoga, and I'm back. Two days of rest, of not pulling and stretching these poor muscles feels good. I've decided to forego my 6:00AM practice and instead showed up for the 9:30. It feels great to have some chatty time with my friends before what I anticipate to be another great class with Peter at the helm.

Pranayama went really well. I tried my best to hold my stomach in on the exhale which I find challenging. Reason being is I am consciously keeping my weight on my heels, pushing my hips forward, AND keeping my stomach in--that's a lot to keep track of. During Half Moon, I am pleased to be able to keep my arms stretched and glued slightly behind my ears, thereby opening my chest more. I am still challenged by keeping my hips in one line while keeping the shoulder that's down more forward. My back bends are pretty good, and I am just about THERE with Hands to Feet pose. Standing Head to Knee is way better today; I am able to hold my leg parallel longer this time. I think you can pretty much figure out that my standing series rocked today.

The floor series went well, too. My most improved floor pose for today would be the Floor Bow. It really helps to keep your eyes glued to the ceiling, and to keep them looking way back. Your legs will follow their lead and as long as you keep kicking, the closer you will get to looking like a bow.

So there you have it. I am really convinced that there should be a day of rest in between practices...until the next 30 Day Challenge! :)

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: