Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 = Breaking the Bad Habits

Weronika taught the 6:00AM today. It's so nice to be in her class. She said in class today that we are all creatures of habit. Our mission in the hot room is to break the BAD habits, and keep or make good ones.

What are my bad habits in or out of the hot room? I could think of:

*Making unnecessary movements before and after each posture, like wiggling my hands, fixing my hair and/or costume.

*Not following the dialogue, i.e., I execute a stage in a posture before the teacher says so.

There have been good habits I have formed since I started my practice:

*I have stopped taking water during class since March 9th. I find that I can focus more on my practice. My tummy does not have that excess baggage which gets in the way of my forward and back bends.

*I am able to maintain stillness during Savasana. Plus not having to drink gives me more Savasana time!

*I have learned not to sweat the small stuff!

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: