Sunday, May 22, 2011

All Better Now

I have a 60 Day Challenge sticker sheet on the board at my yoga studio. I completed my 35 days, was feeling great and gungho, then all of a sudden my body suddenly crashed. I got stricken with a cold which totally drained me of energy. I didn't feel well enough to go to my beloved 6:00AM classes. What really grounded me was a 3:45PM class last Sunday. It was brutal. It was so hot and crowded, that I sat out a set of each of the Floor Series postures. After that class, I took a couple of days off. All the while, even when I was feeling crappy, I totally missed my practice. It felt like missing my husband when he's away, or my daughter when she's at a sleepover. I couldn't wait for my day off, when I can take it easy and practice at 9:00AM. During this time, I could feel my body slowly getting better. I felt well enough to go to the 6:00AM class last Friday. It was so nice to be back and see my early morning yoga peeps again.

This weekend is a long one, being the Victoria Day long weekend. Three straight days off means an extra three straight days of practice. Woohoo! I am giddy with excitement. I was very pleased with my practice yesterday and today especially in that albeit a slow start I finished strong during the latter part of the Floor Series. My Sit-ups were executed well with very strong exhales, and I managed to bring my elbows down beside my calf muscles during the Stretching Pose. I am slowly getting back to my normal self. I do appreciate the times when I take it easy though, and having a reason to do so :)

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

1 comment:

La said...

So glad that you're feeling better! After a daily practice, it does feel quite weird to take a break from it. Of course, getting well and strong comes first, but that doesn't stop us from feeling nostalgic even after just a few days.

Yay for Victoria long weekend! I love Canada lol :)