Friday, May 27, 2011

Hot Rants

A few of us have been venting (no pun intended) about how hot it has been at our studio. A couple of teachers do open the doors from time to time to cool the room down a tinge and believe me, a few seconds of this does help us a lot. The fans don't really help much. It has been so hot lately that I have been tempted by monkey mind to retrieve that water bottle from the change room.

Today I practiced at 6:00AM. It was really nice to have a chit-chat in the change room with the other ladies before class. So the hot topic of the morning was the hot room. It was raining outside, and one of the ladies commented how the rain increases the humidity. Oh boy, here we go. When Pranayama breathing started, I started feeling this very hot draft from the ceiling. I started to feel a bit anxious. I took it easy as I want to finish strong. After a few breaths, the hot sensation started to fade. Relief.

My Floor Series has been at its strongest today compared to what it has been during the last few practices. What kick-started it was the Cobra Pose. I made up my mind to give it 100%. After that, everything fell into place. I had a little anxious moment in Camel, but after focusing on my breath, I was able to hold it a little longer. Relief.

Today the hot room was just right. The doors weren't opened, the fans were turned on and off, but the temperature was just right. All is well. Relief.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: