Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just Plain...Fantastic.

Sunday. 8:00AM. Beautiful Spring day in the capital city. I'm in the hot room. I took yesterday off, reluctantly. I worked until 3:15, and making the trip home to retrieve the car to drive the 10 minutes to the studio was a bit of a stretch. However, it would have been a different story if I were doing the 30 Day Challenge. I would have made the extra effort to show up for class.

Today's practice was just plain...fantastic. Did I touch my forehead at last during Standing Head to Knee? Nope. Did I hold Standing Bow Pulling the whole time? Nope. Was my Half Moon a true half moon? Nope. And the list goes on. So why, you may ask, was my practice fantastic? Well, it's because I felt that I had given it my 110% effort today. I yoga-tried, not just yoga-did. I felt great. The room was hot, but not stifling or unbearable or crippling. The class had fantastic energy. Sure, the joints and limbs were not at their most flexible this time of the day, but at the end of the 90 minutes, nothing can describe the feeling of accomplishment and how much our bodies are thanking us all for giving it the workout it so terribly needs to function the way it was created for. Lungs expanded, muscles stretched, joints moved, monkey minds controlled with meditation, what could be a better way to start the day?

It is my practice. On my terms. In my time. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: