Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Case of The Dizzies

Iron count must have been low. I had a strong first set of Half Moon and I locked my knees during Hands to Feet Pose. When I got up, then started to do the second set, that light-headed feeling set in, then my balance gave in, and I had to sit down to recover. What WAS that? Never happened to me before, being so light-headed that I had to sit down. Another curve ball.

Anyway, with the Standing Series done, the 2-minute Savasana was a treat to fully enjoy! During Wind Removing Pose, I noticed that there were a couple of yogis who used towels to keep hands from slipping off from their knees. I did that once during the early days of my practice and was advised by our instructor to ditch the towel and try to build the strength of my hands. I'm glad I listened because I certainly do not need it now. Another improvement worth mentioning is that my lower back is definitely stronger now as I can hold the Cobra Pose well. My Triangle Pose is touch and go; there are good days and bad days. My knees are not up to par that these days the Awkward Pose and the Eagle Pose (at times) are a challenge to hold.

Tomorrow is another day to look forward to. I wonder if Dizzies will be back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, plus those arms and legs in Eagle Pose, that they won't.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: