Thursday, March 24, 2011

How Can You Not...

...love Bikram Yoga? I will be celebrating my 2nd birthday (i.e., as a yogini) in June. Looking back, it has been a great ride. Nothing else has captured AND kept my attention and then turn into a PASSION like Bikram Yoga. My husband is quite relieved that at last, I have something to do for me, and as a consequence, it benefits him and our daughter as well. Happy wife and mother, happy life, right?

I went to the 6:00AM class again this morning. It's great that I can take my time to enjoy final Savasana and not have to rush out. It feels so good to be back to practicing on a regular schedule again. It's nice for Mrs. Forehead to touch the floor without my hamstrings crying out. Even better is when the Camel Posture is something to look forward to, and not to be afraid of. I love that every class is different from the last, that my body surprises me with a curve ball here and there. One can be frustrated by this, as normally you'd expect that practice makes perfect, right? But in this yoga, nothing is perfect. How humbling can that be?

I don't know about you, but I am sticking with this. Hopefully I will continue to practice even in my dessert years. When I saw my dentist today, he remarked how well I looked and asked if I take some sort of treatment. I told him I practice Bikram Yoga, that's it. I wonder if he will try it himself. I am keeping my fingers...and legs crossed as in the Eagle Pose...hah!

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: