Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Is There Water in the House?

Today marks a year of no water during class. What started as a challenge after a fellow yogi mentioned that one can survive without water for 90 minutes turned out to be a win-win situation for me. Without having that "security blanket", I am no longer distracted by wanting to drink. On top of that, I no longer carry extra luggage in my gut, especially when doing backward bends and forward bends.

Sure, the room is hot, I am sweating buckets, I constantly lick my lips, but instead of water, I rely on my breath. It's just amazing how breathing continuously through the nose is all I need to refuel. When I fell dizzy after some postures, I breathe. It prevents me from panicking, from wanting to lie down. The two-minute Savansana is just pure heaven. It definitely is the refueling stage of the class.

The next time you feel like a refreshment, go have sips of air, JUST BREATHE. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: