Sunday, March 27, 2011

Restorative Yoga

Our local Lululemon store sponsors community classes every Sunday evening. These are held at their store in beautiful downtown Victoria. I thought I'd give it a try; what the heck, it's free and it's good to try other yoga flavours. I brought my niece along, and she and I enjoyed the hour-long class very much.

I am thankful that I've had 2 years of Bikram Yoga experience to back me up on some of the postures tonight. My hamstrings were loose enough for my legs to be stretched upward with my the soles of my feet facing the ceiling. My hips are also open enough to stay on the floor when they need to. My favourites were the Pigeon Pose and the Happy Baby Pose.

The purpose of Restorative Yoga is for your body and mind to relax and have a good night's sleep. We left the store feeling ready for bed. Yes, I am still up blogging and I am just waiting for my night owl of a daughter to get settled for the night. I am looking forward to having a glass of wine with my hubby before we get settled in ourselves. Life is good. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: