Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday...

That's The Bangles for ya; if you were old enough in the 80's to remember tunes, you'd know this group.

Ah, the 9:00AM class with none other than Mr. Suggestion himself. He who makes us work extra hard, that "everything is supposed to hurt". And hurt I did, thanks to his words of encouragement specifically during the Hands to Feet Pose. I am pretty close to locking my knee, and thank you P. for telling me that I am almost there. That's all I needed to push myself deeper into the posture. I had expected to be pushed again during Part Two of Awkward, and true enough he wanted me to sit back further until my legs shake and just about to lose my balance. Just to challenge myself more.

The class today was pretty fast-paced. I was out of breath a few times, and sweating buckets. And true to form, P. extended the second set of Camel by a few excruciating seconds. Bear in mind that "seconds" seem like minutes, and "centimetres" feel like inches in yoga.

In as much as today's practice was the hardest I've worked in a while, I still felt that I've accomplished a lot. I was challenged enough. I was encouraged, praised. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: