Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let The Challenge Begin!

Actually, I have "officially" begun my challenge yesterday, March 30th. I figured, why not? By doing so, I have timed it to end on April 28th, the eve of my Mom's first death anniversary. Last year she passed away on Day 29; I practiced that morning at 6:00AM and she passed away that evening. So for this year, since I've practiced yesterday and today, I thought of just making those two days count.

My stickers are on my calendar at home. I have made arrangements for my daughter to set her alarm so she can get herself ready for school. I will arrive home just in time for me to walk with her to school. She completely supports me in this endeavour. Thanks, sweetie!

So today, I parked myself at the back, right beside the door. Then someone puts her mat down right in front of me, totally blocking my view of the mirror. It would have been okay if she was the type of yogi who has 100% total concentration down pat. Nope, she's a fidgeter. Just before a posture, she checks the state of her fingernails. But surprisingly, not seeing myself in the mirror for once helped my concentration. I was able to focus more on the posture, internalizing it, rather than focusing on MYSELF. By looking at this yogi's hair/nape/back/what have you, I was able to focus. How about that? Talk about a cloud with a silver lining!

Oh and I can never thank teacher O. enough for pointing out that I had my feet a tinge too wide apart during the Awkward Pose. By keeping it at 6 inches apart made a HUGE difference on my endurance. For the first time is so many months, I was able to hold the posture longer! Yay!

Tomorrow brings Day 3 = 572 minutes until it starts. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Lorrena, I don't comment often, but I love your posts so much. They are overflowing with love for your family. A challenge can be such a beautiful way to honor your mother - and yourself. :)

Action JoJo ( http://actionjojo.wordpress.com/ ) and Lala (http://thislittlepiggywenttothemarket.blogspot.com/ ) are also doing 30DC. Maybe you three can support each other?
xoxo

YoginiBear said...

Catherine, thank you much for taking the time to read my posts. I'm very humbled that you love them :)

I will definitely check out Action Jojo's and Lala's blogs. Thank you for mentioning this.

Namaste.