Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 3 - 2nd Annual 30 Day Challenge

TGIF for most people, me included for this week and next. I have 2 consecutive Saturdays off which come few and far between. Today being the 1st of the month, I anticipated a busy day at work. In banking, the 1st of the month brings a steady stream of clients at the bank. People taking money out for rent, people bringing in money from rent. Payday, bill paying day, what have you.

I'm thankful for the 6:00AM classes during the work week, i.e., Monday to Friday. Committing to my 2nd annual 30 Day Challenge compels me to practice at 6:00AM. For a morning person like me, this is not a big deal. I look forward to having a fabulous day at work and at home, after having had the most fabulous workout I have ever had. Trust me, I've done Step Aerobics, Boxercise, Iyengar Yoga, and Power Yoga. I like them all, but as one of the yogis at the studio said, Bikram Yoga IS the Cadillac of yoga.

I've had a great Day 3. As usual, I've parked my mat at the back row, right next to the door. This time, there was no one blocking my view of the mirror. Ms. Fidget was absent at 6:00AM. It was great to see MYSELF in the mirror this morning. I was proud of my Standing Bow Pulling Pose. I had an A-HA! moment, where I stretched my arm up to the ceiling "max-i-mum", then continued stretching forward as I brought my body down, now trying to touch the mirror. What a huge difference it made! It is true that the more you stretch your arms taut in any posture, the lighter your body feels as you lift or stretch it, and the stronger you are thus enabling you to hold the posture longer. My Eagle Pose rocked today, too. I was able to stay in the posture. My knees felt really strong this morning. I was mindful in keeping the hips square to the front, pointing my toes down instead of hooking them to my calf muscle, and keeping my hands and wrists straight and away from my face. Really, the key to endurance is slow, steady breathing in and out through your nose. Take advantage of your breath. It's free!

I am so looking forward to tomorrow's practice. To Day 4. Less than 12 hours to go. I am in the first trimester of the challenge. Everything still feels great. Wait 'til you reach the second trimester. I'd say, bring it on!

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: