Sunday, April 10, 2011

Intermission - Sexy Flexy Class

Work buddy K. and I, along with her friend G. went to our local Lululemon store to attend their weekly community class this evening. Every Sunday evening, Lulu hosts free 1-hour classes, showcasing a different fitness studio each month. Last Sunday, it was Pilates; today, it was Sexy Flexy.

What is Sexy Flexy? It turned out to be a yoga class focusing on flexibility, particularly in the hip joint area and the hamstrings. There were a lot of familiar postures, like the Triangle (we did the Warrior version), Cobra, and Separate Leg Stretching. We also did Pigeon Pose, which I quite enjoy. Of course, the Downward Dog and Child's Poses were not missed.

We enjoyed the class. I was surprised that I was THAT flexible, even outside the hot room. My hamstrings were not at all compromised. We were asked to sit on the floor, extend our legs out into a split and bend forward from the lower spine. Sounds familiar? I must say I did well, and I couldn't thank Bikram Yoga enough for preparing me for this class. We had fun, and while K.'s knee was still giving her trouble, she was glad that she decided to come today.

Next Sunday will be a Pilates class. I wonder how my abs will fare then...

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: