Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 17 - A Time to Reflect and What TO Wear Next :)

Seventeen straight done. What gives? Here's what I've come up with.

I was told that my body will open up when I do a back-to-back or a double. I will be tired, yes, but the reward of improved flexibility will somehow soften the blow. Yesterday, I was amazed at how my body has changed for the better after being subjected to 180 minutes of "torture" in the chamber. For once, my bum right elbow felt very close to normal again. I'm not sure whether the timing was coincidental, as I hurt it close to three months ago, and that it was due to be healed. I was told though, that an injury of this nature normally takes longer than that. Another thing I noticed is that my hips feel more open, especially today at 6:00AM. My Trikanasana was way, way better than it used to. Sitting down lower in order for my crotch to be at the same level as my knee is a lot easier to do than in previous classes. I was also successful in holding the Standing Head to Knee Posture a few seconds longer. Thanks, teacher L. for the tip of sucking the tummy in and breathing a slow, steady breath in and out through the nose while in the posture. The power of breath comes through once again! I've been practicing for 16 consecutive days, so maybe it was time for my hips to open up at this point. Who knows? It sure felt great to be able to clear yet another hurdle in this practice. It is simply amazing how much potential the human body has and we only have to get out of our comfort zones to challenge it, while at the same time, being good listeners too and not to push it TOO MUCH to the point of breakage.

It's this last point that I believe is why yoga is nothing but a good thing. It reacquaints us with our bodies. It helps us to be patient with ourselves. Sadly these days, we are always in a hurry. Ninety minutes may either be too long or too short, depending on our individual reasons on why we chose to be there. It definitely IS a refueling station, not just during Savasana, but during each and every one of the 26 postures. It not only refuels the body to get through the 90 minutes, but also to help us get through the remaining 1,350 each and every day.

I had a great evening last night catching up with hubby over some liqueurs before bedtime. We didn't retire until midnight, and he asked me what time I had to get up to get ready for class, and when I answered 5:15AM, he exclaimed, "How do you do it? You only have about 5 hours of sleep!" I said, "I don't know, I just feel great and have so much energy!" I dreamt about a pair of shorts that my yoga studio has for sale, and it was a black and white tiger print made by Shakti. Apparently I want to buy it as well as a Lululemon red Pranayama Bra to go with it. Oh boy, I'm telling you. I am more excited about shopping for yoga outfits than regular clothes. Yes, I guess you have the license to call me a yoga nut. And that's okay. Namaste.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: