Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 14 - Could've/Should've Done a Back-to-Back!

W O W...OH...W O W...I could not believe how wonderful, great, awesome, my practice was today. After a few reps of Pranayama breathing, I knew that my body is faring so much better. For once, I was not wishing for Pranayama to end soon. I was breathing efficiently, and not just going through the motions. I took the 9:00AM class--maybe the extra 2 hours of sleep helped. Who knows?

It was the first time in many months since I've parked my mat at the right front corner of the room, with the side mirror right next to me. What a homecoming it was! "Hello, (right) Knee!" said Forehead in Standing Head to Knee--yes, those two have FINALLY touched! It took, what, like, almost two years! Left knee is still being very shy right now, so patience...patience...

So what about the Camel? With P. (aka Mr. Suggestion) at the helm this morning, I knew that second set of Camel will be an extended version. True enough, it was. I was "pushed" by P. to push more forward--I must be pretty close to getting there. And that second set was a LONG one! So much so, that upon getting of it, I let out a grunt of relief. Apparently the Camel elicits a varied array of emotions: sadness, happiness, anger, bliss...mine was pure BLISS...

I enjoyed a long final Savasana, my regulation three minutes. After enjoying my Emergen-C laced water, I prepared to get into the shower. My yoga buddy G. asked me if I was going back to the hot room for the next class. I looked at her like she was crazy, and said, "Oh no!" She said that I hardly sweated, meaning I looked like I was not tired at all. I said that I just feel GREAT!, that I COULD probably do a back-to-back. Hmm, I wonder...maybe tomorrow? I will pack an extra set of essentials, and depending on how I feel after the first class tomorrow, maybe, just maybe...

Oh the human body is such a wonderful thing...

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

PS: Another deja vu: Last year's Day 14 blog post title was "Almost At The Halfway Point and Feeling Terrific!" WEIRD...the mirror image between these two challenges is simply mind boggling...Again I repeat--I did not check last year's post prior to writing this one...

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Woohoo! Congrats on feeling strong and pushing yourself into that bliss! Yayyyy!!! I can't wait to read about the double, hah. :D

YoginiBear said...

Thank you, Catherine! I'm afraid that I "chickened" out of the double today:( It will be one of the topics of my post for today. Stay tuned! :)