Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 30 - THE END...For Now, That Is!

This challenge has flown by so quickly that I there were times when I've forgotten what day I am on. Mind you, I started on March 30th, so not going by the calendar month made it tricky. In as much as it felt like a "breeze", it was not smooth sailing.

I had a few days where I felt dizzy, especially after Half Moon Pose. I was also nursing a bum right elbow, after injuring it two months prior to the start of the challenge. My knees seem to hurt more these days; I used to rock the Awkward and Eagle Poses. Now, holding it for the duration are few and far between. It may be that I practice at 6:00AM more often; I found that later classes seem to work better for these old knees.

Despite these kinks, I did notice a few improvements. I am pretty close to locking my knees in Hands to Feet Pose ("Engage your quads, Lorrena!" - Mr. S). The first backbends (in the Half Moon Series) are slowly getting deeper. There have been a couple of times when my forehead touched my right knee in Standing Head to Knee. Standing Bow Pulling Pose is almost pretty at times. Balancing Stick is looking more like Tom that a broken umbrella. My forehead has been touching the floor in Standing Separate Leg Stretching 100% of the time.

The animal postures are definitely looking good. Cobra has improved so much since teacher O. corrected my alignment; I've been very conscious of this ever since, and my bellybutton has the sole attention of the floor. The Locusts are definitely gaining some height. I've never feared the Camel, and I am confident that I can keep up with Mr. S's extended sets. Not sure yet how I am doing with my Rabbit; somehow I can't tell if my thighs are perpendicular to the floor.

Today, teacher C. talked about doing doubles, that is, practicing at 6:00AM and in the afternoon. I have done a back-to-back (two straight classes in one day). I would like to do an AM/PM practice, to compare it to the back-to-back. If we keep raising the bar, we are giving ourselves the opportunity to discover what we are capable of achieving.

Since I have a few days off to spare, I will continue with daily practice. This IS raising the bar for me...what have I got to lose?

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: