Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 12 - Peaks and Valleys

I went out of my comfort zone and parked my mat at the back row, right side. It's partly due to my very skimpy new yoga short with a narrow inseam. I don't think I would be comfortable doing Standing Bow Pulling Pose while in the front row. Can you say, "...cannot concentrate..."

I must say that I felt fine being in a different "home" for a change. What is even better is that no one blocked my view of the mirror. It wasn't a packed class, which is normal for 7:00AM on a Sunday. Oh, by the way, it appears that Dizzies have left town. Yay! Half Moon and Hands to Feet Poses are now Dizzies-free!

Cobra Pose was a revelation today. With being mindful of keeping my legs straight back and really tight, with my feet planted firmly to the floor, I was able to arch my back properly and keep it there for the duration. What a huge difference to be mindful of alignment. It felt really different from my Cobras of practices past!

I love having Teacher J. at the helm. She talked about not being too wound up about how our practices go from day to day. Every day is going to be different. There will be peaks and valleys; one day we're superstars, the next day we are tankers. This pattern keeps us grounded, and it is a good thing to be challenged. How else could we discover what we are capable of?

Tonight is Community Class night at Lululemon. Have I not have had enough yet? Apparently the class is billed as a "Sexy Flexy" workout. I will keep you all posted about it.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: