Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 10 - First Trimester Done!

Finished really strong today! I practiced at 6:00AM, and today I worked the long shift--9:30AM-6:15PM. What did I get myself into? I was scheduled to finish at 3:15PM, but yesterday I was asked if I could work until 6:15PM. Only after I agreed to this that I then thought of what could become a very tiring day for me.

Before class started, and just after Teacher L. gave the newbies a few pointers on how to survive in the hot room, she looked over to the first row to her left, and addressed us as the "veterans". Veterans!?! I guess with almost 2 years of practice, I can hardly be called a newbie, right?

I would like to thank my yoga buddy J. for giving me a helpful tip on how to determine whether or not my legs are pointing straight towards the back of the room for the Spine Strengthening Series. After that correction from teacher O. yesterday, I am now very mindful of my alignment. Teacher L. also touched on the importance of alignment over depth.

So how do the first 10 days of the challenge feel? Well, here's the rundown:

1. My left bum cheek is sore. Sometimes Standing Head to Knee for the left leg is challenging for the first set.

2. I can't wait to get back to the hot room. Not that I am aiming to do a Back-to-Back or a Double anytime soon. All I'm saying is that I am thoroughly enjoying my practice.

3. Flexibility is definitely improving.

4. While I would love to gain depth in the posture, I am more mindful of alignment now.

5. Energy level is still on a high. I do "shut down" in the evening, though.

I am curious to find out how I will fare in the second trimester. I am aware that I might start to get tired and sore. I think I will review my posts from last year and do a comparison.

So Day 11 is in a few hours. I will be sleeping in an extra hour, as class starts at 7:00AM on weekends--still too early for most of my peeps at work. They still think I'm crazy to practice everyday at 6:00AM, then go to work. Surprisingly, I didn't feel tired at all today, after the workday was over. I am planning on going to bed early, though. I still love my sleep.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: