Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 18 - PM Class with the Crampies

I missed my morning class as I had to work today, but luckily there weren't any last minute stragglers to do their banking so we were able to finish on time. I arrived at the studio with plenty of time to spare and secured a really good spot on the second row on the right side of the room. The sunny weather must have kept most of the crowd away from the hot room, which I didn't mind at all.

As to be expected, I was more loosened up for class. My bum elbow didn't hurt during Half Moon and Eagle. Awkward Pose was a lot better today, and I was able to hold Eagle Pose for the whole duration. I did have to leave the room after Eagle for a pee break so I missed the first set of Standing Head to Knee. I had trouble with my balance during Standing Bow Pulling Pose and Balancing Stick although I managed to execute one or two tries which weren't too bad.

As for the Floor Series, I am more conscious now of my alignment, making sure that my legs are pointed straight back and not off to the side. I had trouble with Floor Bow as my legs felt some cramping which has not happened in a long time. I must not have hydrated myself well enough today. Plus I had a later lunch, about 2 1/2 hours prior; I prefer to finish eating by three hours before class starts. It's also THAT time of the month. My stomach felt a little bloated today. I was a little concerned about Camel in this condition but surprisingly, I pulled it off without a hitch.

Eighteen days went by just like that. It seems that once the first trimester was done, the days seem to fly by! I just have twelve days left! It seems a long time, but I know that before I can say, "Namaste" the challenge will be over. A few of of us were chatting one day about what life would be like after the 30 Day Challenge. I guess some might continue to do a 60 or a 90, while others will take a day or two off before resuming their regular practice again. We are all in agreement that once the challenge bug has bitten you, it would be pretty difficult to slack off. The question is, would I still practice at 6:00AM? Stopping to ponder, I think I will still do so on the days that I work, then a later class on my days off. Would I do it EVERYDAY? If not, how many days off will I allow myself? We'll just have to cross the bridge when we get there. Y'all be kept posted!

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: