Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 6 - Pilates Hangover

Last night, my work buddy K. and I attended a Pilates class at our local Lululemon store. I have taken a Beginner's class at the YMCA quite a while ago. I didn't really take to it, which is why I've never pursued it. But since it was being offered at the community class, I thought, why not?

Oh my God, my abs were crying, howling. They aren't my strongest body part; it's pretty soft. My legs are pretty toned, but they were burning from being subjected to pulses, lifts, etc. But you know, I am very thankful to be a Bikram yogini, because otherwise I would not have been able to execute most of the exercises. At one point, K. asked me, "Is hot yoga THIS hard?" I replied, "Yes, it is, but it's a different kind of HARD."

As I was having my dinner after class, I was thinking of what Day 6 will be like. I attended the 6:00AM class, and I parked my mat beside the door. My practice went well, but Dizzies still has not yet left town. I can guarantee that after Hands to Feet Pose, I have to take a few moments to steady myself. All the other postures are fine. At this point in my practice I am just trying to push myself a little bit further, in order to see how far I can go. I know that there will be some improvement as I am practicing everyday. I guess I just would have to take it one practice at a time.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: