Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 27 - Achy Shaky Start , Strong Finish

I almost didn't make it to the 6:00AM class. I did get up early to get ready, then just before the contacts were put on, I thought of going back to bed and the option to practice right after work. I did go back to bed, stared at the clock, then thought, what the heck, I am awake, I might as well just GO. So GO I did.

My yoga buddy B. was teaching, and it was so nice to have her back. Being Easter Monday, a few of the regulars were absent; there were only nine yogis who showed up. I think I was still half asleep when class started. My mind was up, but my body felt so heavy. My arms felt like they were made of lead AGAIN, that I couldn't hold them up during all the phases of Half Moon. Awkward was very, very shaky, and my knees couldn't hold the posture the whole time. I still have very good control during part three, though. My right knee and leg are the stronger of the two, so they held up well during Eagle. There were lots of falling out during Standing Bow Pulling, but I did try to get back in.

As always, my Floor Series postures were strong. I'm telling you, it's due to that 2-minute Savasana. Just two minutes of being still like a corpse and breathing slowly and steadily are all it takes to re-energize after a very challenging warm-up that is the Standing Series.

Just before I left the studio, B. informed me that I am doing well and that I have come a long way. I told her how much I appreciate knowing this, as although I feel great and I THINK I am progressing, the soul feels even better to get positive feedback from the teachers. Namaste, B.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: